This web page is dedicated to every Spanish Galgo

This web page is dedicated to every Spanish Galgo who is being tortured as you read this, and awaiting the kind hand of courage to come in and rescue them. Every letter I have written, had published, and every person I have spoken to about the galgos, it is in dedication to them. To the associations who work tirelessly to save, mend and further protect Galgos from the cruel hands of the hunter.

Carlota and Ambo, the Ambasadog for the Galgos!! comdelrio@hotmail.com

www.112carlotagalgos.com

CIF:G93207744

PLEASE HELP..DIRECT HELP FROM THE COMPANY TO THE DOGS MOUTH.. HELP COMES IN MANY WAYS, BUT FOOD IS A GREAT WAY AND BY THE EASE OF THIS COMPANY WE CAN FEED OUR GALGOS AND PODENCOS IN OUR CARE WITH THE BEST DIET AND ATTENTION.



CLICK THE LINK AND FOLLOW THE GUIDE.. OR CONTACT THE COMPANY DIRECTLY. DELIVERY WILL COME STRAIGHT TO THE ASOCIATION AND TO OUR DOGS BOWLS!!! MMMMmm MANY THANKS, FROM US ALL.



www.galgonews.com/2010/10/help-feed-the-rescued-galgos-and-podencos-in-spain.html



http://www.bettysoriginal.com/









martes, 8 de junio de 2010

A Broken Heart.... a podenco in adoption, and a heart filled thankyou to Galgo lover across the sea.







A Broken heart, or more.
Several months ago I received a call from Marie regards a Galga abandoned. Marie had been feeding her having chased her down the motorway to what appeared to be a safe haven which Dona took residence of for the following months.
she roamed free and came to the call and ate daily. What more can any abandoned galga want?
Love, protection and honour.
It was here I met Dona. Any galga/galgo can steal my heart but this one, well we already had her a foster home set up and the finances prepared for her care. Vera was waiting for her new baby girl!
Taking over an hour to get to her, 2 hours with her throwing hotdogs to win her trust, and over an hours journey back, I began my prayers that she would understand my hands of safety. She came close as I sat on the floor, but just not close enough to beable to grab the rope dangling from her neck and galgueros collar, which showed to me she had already escaped hunting hands. She looked no more than one year old.
Marie continued to go and feed her but it seemed that everyone else wanted to feed her also. The danger unaware to people who dont understand the dangers Galgos face by being loose. Some, easily caught, some taking months, years, and some whose hunger can win them more than food into solitary life. Thing is, the more Dona ate, the less hungry she was to want to come to the hand.
The more people knew about her, the more the threats for her safety began, whats one galgueros trash is anothers possibility and the fear burning inside me for her safety from hunting prey was hard to bare. the dispondant feeling when she just stopped coming close made me think someone else was after her and in a way which created her to be fearful from myself who she had sat with and Marie who laid food. Its here i began to think someone had been close.
Continuing to lay food.. she still came to eat, but not close. I talked to a good friend about darting but her open space was just too dangerous, an attempt with tablets made, and still no joy. word spreads easily when a loose galgo is prey and it wasnt long.
DDEVIDA came one Sunday and we hung out all day until 11pm, prostitutes filled the area, and we laid the trap in vain for the chestnut galga. Vera her foster Mama came and still no go. Laying a trap she excavated she lay, she did everything but enter. Not hungry enough to enter knowing food was round the corner she was quite composed.
whenever I see a galgo lick the road my heart melts.. Its just something to me which is despair. We sat and waited but no go.
Her street colleague however now named Oco, the podenco fell straight into the trap at the smell of food. He now in foster care and looking for a forever home. castrated vaccinated, negative in leishmania he awaits that love forever! comdelrio@hotmail.com NO HUNTERS!
Continuing the journey to go to her, and Maries daily visits news had got across the shores to gestures of her care to Vera.. (which now fund another galga) and also a trap provided by a small group of galgo friends in a way in which they could participate in her rescue. (To whom I will be eternally greatful, and those galgos to follow who will be rescued by it,) - Who knows I had even wondered maybe an adoption across the water may be her future. Even Canada news had gotten to.
she fell quiet.. 3 weeks passed and no sighting. Lisa and I sat and sat and sat, watching the action of prostitutes and their daily business not far from where Dona would be, the following attempt Dioni Lisa and I sat, .. but seeing empty meat packages I knew she was being fed by more than the kindness of Marie. I wondered if she was harbouring Pups and hence her silence. Willing her to have had pups if it meant her safety, I knew the massive possibility and one I had mentioned to Marie for her keeping her distance suddenly and then disappearing, I knew someone else was after her. She was not coming close.. to those who understand galgos fears, having been close, its a sign someone has spooked her. Stupid they are not.
One day Dioni Lisa and I went again, searching combing the area for sightings of precious babies and a fabulous Mama... no sign. Since Dona was on a "Coto de caza" I had always been concerned matter of time if she fell prey to hunting hands.
On surprise to find the guard was on our side he had informed us that 4 traps had been laid across the other side of the river.. by hunters. He informed me that he knew one was despreately trying to catch her, and it appears he did. No sighting has been made since.
Keeping contact with the guard I assured him I would do whatever it takes to find her, and against all correctness id buy her if necessary.. she all waiting for her. I knew as vera took in another needy girl, Dona would come mine, at least until assessed,cured and ready for adoption. I assured him whatever it took and he said he would agreeably help... to this day she has not been seen.
I think about her daily, Her fate her own fear from the hands of a hunter to be enabled to fall prey once again to that same"destiny" for a Spanish galgo.
Its a dark world being a Spanish galgo, only few people understand the danger they face, the hurry to catch them, but just sometimes they have to help themselves to be helped. I still keep contact with the guard to no avail.. today a galgo is here tomorrow across Spain.
I pray for you Galguita, you will always have my heart, if you break free once again, Im waiting.
Charl and Amboambassadog.
Ive taken my time to add this to my site.. for the simple reason is, she needed no more publicity that she was loose. Thinking always of her safety.
MY DEEPEST THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO TOOK DONA TO HEART, - MARIE, VERA, FRIENDS OF THE GALGOS FROM AMERICA, CANADA, FRANCE, DDEVIA, LISA, DIONI, ANTONIO FOR HIS EVER AGREEANCE TO HELP FROM JAEN, - AND OCO FOR HAVING BEEN RESCUED. HIS FOSTER HOME, AND PRAYER. MAY YOU BE SAFE LIL GIRL, NOW AND ALWAYS.
I AM TRULY SORRY.
A BROKEN HEART!

No hay comentarios: